Double-clutching.

I'm the new owner of a 6-yearold 911. From my earlier experience with a VW and an old Chevy truck, I learned that double clutching, both up and down, helped. Now I'm not so sure. The 911 seems to have syncromesh in first gear. Is double clutching helpful, or just an unnecessary wear on the clutch plate?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Morgan

"Mike Morgan" wrote

Only down - and we're really talking rev matching.

All good transmissions have had synchros on 1st gear since at least 1970. Probably it has a synchro on reverse, too.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers