Electric Windows from Hell

Hello-

1988 924s with demon possessed elctric windows. Every time I turn the ignition on, the windows roll down! I can roll the windows back up, yet as soon as I stop pressing the close portion of the switch, the windows roll back down. I have just got this car and the way to keep the windows up is to roll them up and remove the swiches. Clearly a short of some kind, but was curios if any had an suggestions on how to diagnose and if there is a window relay somewhere that may be stuck....

One last piece of data, when the windows are down, there is an intermittent clicking noise in the window motors (once about every 3-5 seconds) as if the windows are still trying to roll down.

Any thoughts one this?

Reply to
James Farmer