electric windows

I have a 99 suburban that the drivers side front window is stuck. I feel like it is not the motor because when it started giving trouble it still had alot of power. It didn't make any noise out of the ordinary. I did have to pull up on the window to make it roll up. It would go down like it was supposed to.Now it is stuck and won't go up or down. What could be the problem?

P.Sebring

Reply to
Melinda Sebring

I'd start by removing the door panel and checking to see if the plug at the motor is getting a full 12 volts or whatever voltage is required to run the motor. If it is, then I would think the motor burned out, which is common on GM vehicles. Especially the drivers door which is used more commonly. I have a GMC sonoma with a burned motor and I'm looking into buying a truck that also has a burned driver motor. The truck is a good deal so I'll fix it. Good luck.

Reply to
Greg