Ignition / Key problem -- 2000 Boxtser S

Any one have any insight on this one --

All of a sudden, I have a problem getting either of my keys in the iginition. I need to wiggle it and give it a little more force than I would normally like.

Once it goes in, the car starts no problem -- but something else interesting happens -- the interior fan does not turn on (but, interestingly enough, the fan works if I keep the key in 'auxilary' (don't crank the engine).

Last problem is that when I remove the key, I don't get the 'beeps' to confirm that the key has been removed and my radio and dash stay on. I can't use the remote locks either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
mrbrains