Manufacturing date of 911

Hi, I owe a Porsche 911 Carrera 3200, model 1984. It was bought in January

1984, but I need to know its exact manufacturing date, hoping that it was in the 1983. Please indicate me any possible contact where to ask. Thanks! Marko
Reply to
Marko Vogric

Give me the car/body-number and I tell you!

Reply to
LH

Hello, Mr Loesje! The body car number is WPOZZZ91ZES101852, the ES code means "model 1984", which from my informations starts in August

1983, so in m y opinion it is possible was manufactured in that year.

Thank You for Your help. Please send me any contact with the Factory (mail, fax...) , if You have something, since I was not able to contact directly Stuttgart from the internet.

Best regards Marko

Reply to
Marko Vogric

Sorry Marko,

you seem to know just as much as I do. Yes, ES stands for 1984 And the 100001 till 104033 stands for a coupe built for the European market (so no targa and no cabrio) Since you where writing that your car was first bought in January '84, it seems logical that is was build in '83, but I can't give you the exact date. Will look for it and if have some more information I will let you know.

But why you want it to be in 83? Is it because of tax?

kind regards Loesje (in fact, Loesje is a Dutch female name :)

Reply to
LH

Thanks anyway, Loesje, and excuse me for the Mr. - I learned something from that! You are right: if I prove that the car was made in '83 I can save about 400 Euros on taxes - it is worth the sweat! Since also a sticker on the drivers door pillar, where the date should be, is missing, I need to ask Porsche Germany, but it seems not be so easy to contact them - I keep trying. Porsche Italy only gave me the information that the car was enlisted by them in end January 84. What I'm looking for in first place it is something to be sure about the date (for example a list with serial numbers until 31.12.83...), then I'll manage to have a paper for it, so I'd appreciate from anyone a good contact (email, fax...). Bye again Marko

Reply to
Marko Vogric