Old Striker Plate Repair - 1967

I just go a repair kit for my 1967 striker plate...consists of two plastic parts. After removing the striker with a spline wrench, it looks like the only way to get the new parts in is to separate the striker plate into two pieces. If it comes apart at all, it must require quite a bit of force. I showed it to a mechanic at the local Porsche dealer and he didn't know! How do you take apart the metal parts of the striker plate?

Reply to
gibberdill