One more question

I just did a carfax report on a 1983 944 I am looking at. In 1998 it was reported as having 29,000 miles. In 2000 it was reported as having 81,000 miles. I know someone didnt drive it that much in 2 years, someone care to shed some light on what might be going on?

Reply to
Dennis

Dennis that is a tough one. I would ask the selling party. Carfax is only as accurate as the person reporting it is. As you know the early 944 had only a

Reply to
Devils944

The car only has 90k on it so I dont think its a case of it passing 100k and rolling back. Thanks for all your help devils. One question for you, did you drive your 944 of a daily basis and if so how reliable was she?

Reply to
Dennis

Carfax lies. Even when they are shown proof they still pretend they know what they are talking about. In two words: Carfax sucks. They're kind of like the credit agency, Experian, who listed two different birthdays on my credit report and didn't think anything of it. Morons.

Reply to
Brad

It is possible that someone did drive it that much in 2 years.. My '02 Boxster's odometer just registered over 60,000 miles. I bought it new Jan 19,

2002 with around 15 miles on the odometer.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Dennis wrote:

Reply to