Out of storage ('80 911 SC)

Ok, I'll be driving my friend's 911 this summer that's been in storage for

1.5 years. What are some things that I should do right away before I get her on the street, fluids, etc? We started her up for the first time today without too much trouble. ran for about 15 min before the idle came down to proper level but that's normal. I decided to take a slow drive up the street and back a few times. On the 3rd pass the engine started to putt and spurt and then died. It started up again with no problem and even idled ok. I didn't want to press my luck so we put her back in the garage. Any ideas what might have caused this? Does it just need some fluid changes, etc?

Thanks a lot guys,

Buddee.

Reply to
Buddee

We all need friends who will let us drive their Porsche!!! Curious how friendly this relationship is??

Reply to
Vern

Reply to
william_b_noble

The gas is the biggest problem. Add some dri-gas if it's available in your area to scavenge up the moisture and fill the tank with fresh premium...93 if it's available in your area. Bleeding the brakes is always a good move...especially if it hasn't been done in a long time. 1980sc's do not have slave cylinders or power steering so they're not issues.

Get the old gas through the system and you should be OK.

Reply to
Weekend Guru