Porsche passes Lexus

Porsche has passed Lexus for the number one spot in the JD quality ranking. This is great news for Porsche if they want to get into the 4door sedan market.

Reply to
ForAFunTimeCall

If they do, I ceratinly hope it looks nothing like the Cayenne. The ranking is slightly skewed this year with the introduction of new criteria. Yes, Porsche is first, but...

That said, I'd still buy a Porsche over a Lexus no matter what JD Powers says, but I am not yet in the market for a four-door saloon. Heck, I only need one door!

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Reply to
Regal53

Don't need to. I hear they're crap. I consider it poetic justice for making an ess-u-vee.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

the body of the 4 door will be built by VW (read that in the business section of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung)...

Reply to
Low Life #3

Considering the Power survey included the Cayenne, they must not be too bad for Porsche to finish on top.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Reply to
Regal53

I don't care too awfully much about that (when speaking SUV's). They're all ugly.

I have not seen one that screams "buy me!" Some kinda whisper, "please...?"

Reply to
The Dead Senator

Yes...Lambo was building SUV's in the 80's. The typical one was called the LM2 I believe, or LM002 possibly. I have driven a Lambo station wagon. 4 doors and a cargo area in the back.

Lotus is set to release or at least test the market with an SUV, it is currently called the APX.

As far as I know there have been a few Ferrari 2X2's but no SUV's.

Toyota builds a great car, but, when J.D. Power releases its long term reliability reports (3 years) Toyota drops signifigantly and is only bouyed when Lexus is mixed in as being one company. What should be kept in mind is that in J.D Powers last long term reliability report, Porsche was number one as well. Lexus would have won out by percentage points, but Toyota actually dragged them down! That is good news if you are buying a Porsche...initial and long term reliability ratings are at the top.

Reply to
Devils944S2

Reply to
Regal53

Reply to
Regal53

\

Um, a blown engine IS a legitimate complaint!

Reply to
ForAFunTimeCall

I wish that Porsche would just create a new trademark for the soccer mom/guido idiot crowd. Sell the Cayenne and any 4 doors under that mark.

ForAFunTimeCall wrote:

Reply to
Chowda Hed

Well, if Porsche happened to make a four-door sedan that somehow looked great and rivaled the bimmers, mercs and audis, I might take notice. Sometimes, I'd like to be able to haul two+ other people 'round town, but still have that performance zazz. I am hesitant to buy into another brand for this function, but a 530 has come to mind on more than one occasion. Otherwise, it's my Ford F350 CC! Youch.

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

The Panamera is due in 2009.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

That's right. I had forgotten about that. Thanks, Jim. All I had seen before was the sketch. Hmmm, looks like a few pics are out now, but some look fake. Not too bad looking, but I'll hafta see it in person for a true determination and who knows what will change in two or three years.

This and a Cayman may force me to move or build a larger garage!

Reply to
The Dead Senator

Dead,

Stay away from the BMW's. I am so sorry I ever got rid of my Porsche and bought one (except for the auto trans up and down the 405!) Half the engine is made of plastic, the car is over computerized to the point where you don't know if you have an actual problem or the sensor is malfunctioning (it's usually the latter) and for "the ultimate driving machine" it is VERY pedestrian. Yes, I was spoiled with the S2 and no, I don't have a M, but I can tell you this...given the choice of an M or any Porsche, I am taking the Porsche.

Reply to
Devils944S2

The bad news on the Panamera is it looks like Porsche will aim the car for the high end of the market and the price of admission may start at $125K or more.............

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Okay, so I'll *only* have a garage. Big deal. ;~P

I didn't read anything that indicated that price range. To compete with the other saloons, you'd think $60-90k. I thought I read of three different engines, something like the Cayenne configs, to spread the price range around.

Reply to
The Dead Senator

Bad news? This is a reasonable price point for what is still a relatively low volume production base.

Reply to
ForAFunTimeCall