Porsche - There is no Substitute! How Old?

Anybody have an idea how long Porsche has used the slogan - There is no substitute?

My earliest recollection is in the move Risky Business in 1983 but wondered if it had been used before that or possibly as a result of its use in the movie as far fetched as that might seem.

Millenium

Reply to
Tino

I remember it from a year or two before the movie (I recognized the quote when Tom Cruise spoke it), but couldn't tell you the exact date.

Reply to
alordofchaos

Porsche used the slogan since the early 70s. I remember it on a poster for the early 911 Turbo. The movie just capitalized on its familiarity, they didn't invent it. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown