Techwhiz...full of it again (as usual)

From the Edmunds review of the 2003 C5 Convertible:

"With the top down, Comfort mode was our choice, as the moderate amount of cowl shake made for a rather jarring ride with the Sport setting selected."

From Techwiz:

"damn. my chevy with >345 hp and loads of torques has no cowl shake. once again a bullshit statement that all converts have cowl shake"

Any of you that own a convertible knows that the only downside of a convertible is a cowl shake. No one has been successfully able to compensate the loss of the stability with the roof missing.

Lo and behold Techwiz states his Corvette has no cowl shake. Once again...bullshit.

Reply to
Devils944

I figure if you could get some sort of stabilizer under and across the dash and one directly behind the seat, you could minimize the cowl shuttle. Still it is a physics issue...

On an OT note Steve, remember my friend with the Avalanche? Tranny went after 10K? We dropped it off at the Chevy dealer on a Sunday and she picked it up on the following Saturday. Diagnosis was a bad transmission and it was replaced under warranty. She got halfway to Bingen, Washington when it failed again! She had it towed to Portland, Oregon where the dealer diagnosed a bad transmission. She informed them that the "new one" had just

50 miles on it, to where they replied "What new one, this is the original unit!" She had all the receipts that clearly stated "Transmission Replaced - Warranty". So anyway they actually replaced it in Oregon and it is now for sale in Spokane, Washington. Good ole "Mr. Goodwrench" service I guess.

Reply to
Devils944

Devils944 wrote: : I figure if you could get some sort of stabilizer under and across the dash : and one directly behind the seat, you could minimize the cowl shuttle. Still : it is a physics issue...

: On an OT note Steve, remember my friend with the Avalanche? Tranny went : after 10K? We dropped it off at the Chevy dealer on a Sunday and she picked : it up on the following Saturday. Diagnosis was a bad transmission and it was : replaced under warranty. She got halfway to Bingen, Washington when it : failed again! She had it towed to Portland, Oregon where the dealer : diagnosed a bad transmission. She informed them that the "new one" had just : 50 miles on it, to where they replied "What new one, this is the original : unit!" She had all the receipts that clearly stated "Transmission Replaced - : Warranty". So anyway they actually replaced it in Oregon and it is now for : sale in Spokane, Washington. Good ole "Mr. Goodwrench" service I guess.

Dang, you dropped it off on a Sunday? I wish Illinois would eliminate some of these blue laws... car dealers aren't allowed to be open on Sunday here, it's against the law, yet taverns are allowed to open, but only in the afternoon... come to think of it, I don't think service garages are allowed to be open either on a Sunday, but not positive about that.

A few years back, a Caddy dealer decided to leave it's showroom open with just a attendant (no sales people) on a Sunday as a attempt to get around it, but the state closed that down right away.

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Geez Techwiz, sounds like the worst dealer known to mankind. I'd be threatening a lawsuit if I were you guys. That tranny could've really left you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Reply to
Steve Grauman