Tires for Boxster

Anyone out there with recommendations on tires for a 2002 boxster? Looking for street, not racing. Drive in Florida, so summer tires probably are better.

Reply to
Chowda Hed

"Chowda Hed" wrote

Check out the performance tire review in the December Car & Driver (I think it's available on their website.) Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 1st, ContiSportContact

2 was 2nd, Yoko Advan Neova AD07 third, Michelin PS2 4th.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Michelin Pilot Sport or Bridgestone SO-3

Both excellent...my experience is that the Bridgestones not only handle great, but offer a more comfortable ride than the Michelins. Otherwise...it's pretty much of a toss up. Both would be perfect for the Florida climate.

Reply to
Weekend Guru

I recently got a set of the Michelin Pilots. They're one of the 'approved' tires for the '02 Boxster, and what mine came with. They are extremely grippy and I highly recommend them.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

Hey all... I just wanted to share a positive experience in case anyone is looking for tires for a Boxster. I settled on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires last week. So far in both dry weather and in torrential rain, they have been outstanding. I had pilot sports before, and these feel grippier and are noticeably quieter.

I am certain that they will not last very long... but you pretty much have to decide whether that is worth the tradeoff. I'll be happy to get 15,000 miles out of them. But, those 15,000 miles should be a lot of fun.

They have these tires at Costco for $1032 for a set of 4. Most places will come pretty close to matching that price. Watch out where you bring the car though, I brought my car to one shop that had no clue how to even get a Boxster on its lift -- then went to another that had no trouble at all.

Reply to
Chowda Hed