won't start - need help fast

Hi! This morning was very chilly when I started my car (3 degrees F) and this was probably the coldest I have ever tried to start it. It started up
but idled very low around 300rpm up and down, and then after about 5 seconds it died. I started it again and it did the same thing, I gave it some gas and then it died once more. The third time it did nothing but crank, it would crank twice and then try to fire but nothing. I waited a few hours and tried again but it just cranks, tries to start but won't. I did this until my battery started to die. How do I get my car started? Is it too cold out or did something get damaged with the low idle? I really need the car so if I can't get it running by tomorrow I'm going to need to tow it to a garage. Its not going to warm up until the weekend so waiting around isn't really a choice. Thanks for quick replies !
Sounds like its not getting any gas, I'd start there. What car are we talking about?

up
seconds
gas
isn't
Its a 86 944 non turbo....sorry, I forgot to put that in.

and
hours
this
the
Pull an injector put it in a bear bottle and crank the car over (Any gas?)
I'm out of town with the car and don't have a garage to pull it into, so it looks like I'm going to have to tow it to a local garage. Is it possible the car will start when it warms up 10 degrees or so?

It might have a freeze up in the fuel line. Try a "dry gas" fuel additive to get rid of any water in the fuel system. Bi!!
Willy,
If it was 3 degrees and the temperature goes up 10 degrees, that would make it 13 degrees. Now according to the laws of physics, water (which may be in your gas line) freezes at 32 degrees. Looks like you're short about 19 degrees. Not knowing where the potential frozen water plug is, is yet another issue. Somebody suggested a gas drier, that's good, but it has to be flowing to work.
D.B.

gas?)
Willy handed down these > lines in alt.autos.porsche:

It's very possible you have an iced up fuel line ... over time most fuel tanks will collect small amounts of water in the bottom .. when it gets very cold this is enough to freeze in the fuel line itself and stop the engine 'cold' .. as another poster suggests if you can break into the fuel system and crank the engine to see if there is fuel being delivered it will tell you alot .. unfortunately, unless you can get it into a warm environment the ice in the line will be difficult to remove .. won't melt until it is over 32 F .. if putting it in a garage and letting it sit for a while clears the problem, immediately add some fuel deicer and contine this treament until you are sure no water remains in the system .. BTW adding the deicer will NOT clear the problem until you melt the blockage ..
--
Tim ...
'00 Boxster

up
seconds
gas
isn't
J Amezquita wrote:

A flame-thrower on the fuel line would work quicker. ;~D
DS

Hahahahahahaahaaaaa!!!!!