Avail of Prius

I'm on a long waiting list here in Milwaukee, WI for an '08 Touring Prius, but if anyone has the name and phone # of a dealer, anywhere in the US where there is a shorter wait time, please let me know. I'd be willing to order one and have it shipped here.

Thank you for any info you can provide!

Reply to
Michael Reinders

Try searching the auto web site such as cars.com and edmunds.com to see what turns up.

Reply to
Shawn Hirn

Check out priuschat.com, Prius is hard to come by these days (grin)

roadriderob
Reply to
feetsdontfailme

Well, I secured one from, none other than, Toyota of Hollywood, right on Hollywood Blvd!! Whoo-hoo!

1st Toyota dealership in the country, opened in 1957.

Anyhoo, Touring Package #6, Silver Pine, can't wait. Should have it in about 2 weeks. Being transported by national company.

Plus, I don't know where you read the Touring model isn't desirable, Consumer Reports gives it an 80 rating (out of 100) and the base model a 68. I'll take the Touring.

And yes, I live in Elm Grove, WI. :)

Reply to
Michael Reinders

Um......what does it use to get those numbers?

It's not a quality issue or whatever. The Touring doesn't add anything to the standard car, really, other than some bling.

If CR simply used what other people said, then who cares what other people say? Use the facts. It's like gasoline--if you listen to other people, you'll hear a lot of "I just bought a new Prius, and I want to give it the best of everything, so I'm putting premium gas into it."

That's a moronic stand to take. Are you saying you can't make up your own mind, but instead follow the morons?

"You've probably noticed that opinion pollsters go out of their way to include as many morons as possible in surveys ... I think it's dangerous to inform morons about what their fellow morons are thinking. It only reinforces their opinions. And the one thing worse than a moron with an opinion is lots of them." -- Scott Adams

In other words: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Which pretty much defines large swaths of usenet.

Reply to
News

"Michael Reinders" ...

Like Elmo said, I want to know what the 20 or 32 missing points were all about. Can you fill us in Michael? Thanks, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

CR uses its own test drives and mechanics' inspections.

It rates the touring model higher in accident avoidance, primarily because it has a shorter braking distance; that seems to be the major difference between the two in its reports.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Our local dealers have a long waiting list (currently about 12 weeks).

They blame the reduced production by the manufacturers just before the price of gasoline took off. Hybrid sales are actually lower this year than they were last year, solely because they just weren't building them.

Reply to
Pete Granzeau
Reply to
feetsdontfailme