Availability of Prius w/o big premium?

I am in So Cal.

Does anyone know of a dealer that has Prius to sell, without charging premium on price, or requiring 6 month wait?

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Sure - - in Los Angeles - - an 05 Seaside Pearl Pkg 6 with about 5000 miles on it for $20,300 - - I told my son in law about it, but I guess he's a little too conservative to buy a salvaged Prius, and it will cost him an additional $10,000 for not picking it up and instead paying the full price plus premium for a new vehicle. It was on Ebay yesterday, closed without reaching reserve about 7:45pm last night, and can be seen on a listing of completed items today. It will probably be put up on auction again, but there's enough information on the listing page to contact the seller and pay his very fair price for this full package, low mileage car.

I bought a similar salvage vehicle a couple of months ago out of Sacramento - - an 05 Seaside Pearl Pkg 3 with 3300 miles on it for $17,000, and I'm happy as a clam - - no waiting, no argument, no problems - - of course, no warranty either. But I saved about $5000 compared to a no-premium new vehicle. I hear it's getting harder to find a dealership that doesn't tack on a good sized premium.

Good luck,

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Olson

: "Henry" wrote: : Does anyone know of a dealer that has Prius to sell, without charging : premium on price, or requiring 6 month wait?

I heard there is a dealer in Ventura that *may* be near the suggested price -- or closer than the LA crowd. I saw where some dealership in Carson was $6000 over suggested. Wow!

We bought ours at Frontier in Santa Clarita and they wanted $3000 over but we negotiated down to $500 over. Not great, but they had them in stock and we drove away with the one we wanted (white, with package 6) the very same day and no waiting list. Fun car to drive too and it has been maintenance free so far! The 5K service is around $65 from same dealer too. Very quiet to drive too with the exception of the cheapo Integrity tires (road noise) which we are going to change soon to the TripleTreads or something like that.

Mack

Reply to
M. MacDonald

Do you not get the manufacturer's warranties on various parts of the vehicle? Eg: 8 yrs on the hybrid system (inc. main battery). Might be worth asking Toyota-USA about that.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Look, if you pay a dime over MSRP, you bought at the wrong dealership. Just look around, it's that simple.

Reply to
FanJet