Bring your prius to the store?

Driving your prius to the store and long drive. Is there anyone who has driven across the counrty? Why

Reply to
Go 4 the foggy fish

Yes, I did in May of 03 in a 2003 Prius. 11275 miles to visit family, and generally be a tourist and see the sights. Depending on planned stops, I made anywhere from 150 to over 800 miles in a given day.

45.3 mpg for the trip.
Reply to
Michael N. LeVine

I've driven many trips in the 500 to 800 mile range. They've all been quite pleasant. I've gone from sea level to over 7000 feet high. I've seen an average of high 40s on each tank during trips like this. Just yesterday I ran 401 miles with a touch over 49 miles to the gallon.

Last month was SF (San Francisco) to Oregon to SF to Phoenix to San Diego to SF. That's close to 'across the counrty'(SIC).

I prefer driving my Prius over driving my Camry or F150 pickup.

Daniel (It's nice to be home :)

Reply to
dbs__usenet

I'm guessing these trips include extended periods on Interstate highways at

75 mph or so, right?
Reply to
Bill

Yes, extended periods at the speed limit. I generally don't exceed the speed limit. The digital spedometer is quite accurate (checked against the speed indicated by my GPS) so when I set it at 70, it's really 70.

My Prius get's better milage at 55MPH.

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet