Connect 2 cell phones to Prius Bluetooth

I want to be able to connect 2 cell phones (my wife and mine) to the Prius Bluetooth at the same time, so that any call comming in from either phone will connect. I can connect one of the phones at a time, but not both. The Prius asks if I want to delete the first one, when connecting the second phone.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

You can't do it. It's inherent in Bluetooth.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

The Prius can be paired with up to 4 Bluetooth cell phones. However, only one can be active at a time (using the microphone and and speaker system to carry on a conversation). You can choose which Bluetooth cell phone should connect with the Prius by going to the Bluetooth Phone Settings page, and Selecting from the scroll-down menu choices the Telephone Selection setting. (The Prius acts like a Bluetooth headset.) You shouldn't have to delete the 1st phone to connect the

2nd one, as the Prius can store up to 4 phones.

What do you think would happen if both your cell phone and your wife's cell phone each received a call at the same time? Or if the phones called each other? That is why only one phone can be connected at a given time.

Reply to
mrv

I realize only one phone can be used at a time. I do not understand how to pair 4 Bluetooth cell phones? Can you explain this process?

Peter Hirsch

Reply to
Peter

I was asked to checked the owners manual again. The 2006 owners manual has a large section on Handsfree. I finally found the section you were refering to. In 2006 up to 6 cell phones can be registered. I was able to register both phones after a couple of tries.

Switching between registered phones takes a few steps but can be done.

Peter Hirsch

Reply to
Peter

For a 2004-2005 Prius, this is listed in the Navigation Owner's Manual. I'm guessing that the Bluetooth section was moved into the main Owner's Manual for 2006/2007, but I do not have a copy of one of these manuals to point out the section. In the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual, it's in the "Other Functions - Hands-Free system" section," specifically on pages 110-112. There's a section for "Enter the Bluetooth Phone" and "Select the Bluetooth Phone."

I may have mis-spoke. You can have up to 4 Bluetooth phones registered with the car, but only one at a time may be paired. You select which phone (of those that are registered with the car) to pair at any given time.

INFO > Telephone > Settings scroll down to...

Bluetooth: use the "Entry" button for registering/pairing a new phone (enter the PASS-KEY) Bluetooth: use the "Settings" button to verify which phone is connected via the "Bluetooth Information" screen Select Telephone: use the "Select" button to choose which of the entered phones to connect via the "Select Telephone" screen

Reply to
mrv