New model 2009 Prius opinions?

Saw a preview of it online and cant say Im overly impressed with the changes. The display is now part of the centre console island and theyve changed the position of the gear changer. Im quite happy with where they are on my 2004 model. Only gripe I have is why oh why didnt they give us an aux. input into the radio for Ipods and such? Seems only the luxury model got that and that trying to replace the supplied radio /cd player in the car with a non Prius model is just impossible.

Reply to
Lu R

Neither of those statements is true.

The speedo and gear changers haven't changed since 2004.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Lu R" ...

Where did you see this? Please provide a link, thanks. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

He can't, because he didn't see it.

The 2009 model is identical to the 2008 model.

Plus, there's an AUX input on all models except for the very base model, which virtually no one carries (and which may not be available in all areas of the country).

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
Mr Ed

Elmo, who claims to know more about the Prius than I'll ever know, and who says all but the most basic models have an aux input, is about to tell us where the Aux Input is on my 2005 Level 6.

Elmo, you have the keyboard.

Reply to
Was Istoben

Reply to
Pete Granzeau

Must be the back hatch. The other four inputs are for people.

Reply to
Was Istoben

The changes are for 2010--allegedly. Here they are:

As for the AUX input, it's been standard since 2006, found inside the center console armrest.

Reply to
Scott

Not "standard," but rather an option--that is, you must choose any trim level above the very basic in order to get it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

All but the most basic models sold today have an AUX input, yes. It's in the center console.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On the 06, it's in the center storage compartment. Lift the lid and look at the front of the compartment. There's a plug-in audio jack there. We put our iPod in the compartment, plug it into the jack, turn it on, close the lid, set the radio to Aux and are all set with music for the drive.

There's also a 12 volt power outlet in the compartment. That's handy for charging cell phones.

TKM

Reply to
TKM

For the whole day?

Reply to
Was Istoben

My 2007 with the meager package #2 is in the center console. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

What does that mean?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I'm clear on ones sold yesterday.

Reply to
Was Istoben

Where in the center console is it located. My 2006 is not the very basic model. Is it hidden behind something?

Reply to
Mr Ed

Your owner's manual is a very enlightening piece of work.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

No, you just hate being called out for what you are. A taker.

Discussion of the finer points that aren't in the owner's manual, great. "Spoon feed me the owner's manual"--no.

Don't like that, do you? Maybe that's because you want to be spoon-fed the owner's manual?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I Cant believe all the keffufle over this point I raised! I own a 2004 Prius, base model and it DOESNT have an AUX input for IPods which I wish it did have.

Reply to
Lu R