Ping: Bill

What was the upshot with your car's woes? Cause and effect? Coincidence?

Reply to
Jean B.

Hi Jean,

With the hybrid warning alarm on, I parked my Prius in the garage and drove my Explorer for a few days. Friday before xmas I backed it out to drive to the dealership in Fargo. All alarms were cleared. Uneventful 65 mile drive to dealer. Dealer read error codes and said they were consistent with the errors arising out of the problem for which the '04s and early '05s had been recalled. They upgraded the firmware. It idles a bit faster now and there is a bit of a clunk when the gas engine engages.

From what I gather it was simply a coincidence that the series of alarms immediately followed being pulled out of that snow bank.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Odd. Thanks for the update! I thought of you today as I crunched through some snow.... :-( Luckily, things seem to be okay....

Reply to
Jean B.

Took it for 20 miles today and the clunk seems to be gone now.

Reply to
Bill