Prius Interior Problem

Hi there everyone, I'm currently the proud owner of a 2005 Prius, painted black with a black/grey interior. On the dashboard is (was) black plastic paneling on the dashboard and on the sides for interior trim. However after a visit to the car wash, the trim turned a dark shade of maroon! After querying the car wash guys later, they were less than helpful on the chemical (in fact they were downright snotty, I'd have no qualms taking them to court if the damage is major). So I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) What did they put on my car? 2) What is the best way to take it off?

I have a few current suspicions but wanted to run them by you.

1) Armorall was applied to the affected area. 2) Air freshener applied might have done something as well.

I've tried to remove it using Peroxide, Bleach, Nail Polish Remover and soap, but so far no luck. So I'm throwing my poor car to the mercy of this newsgroup, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Gregory Harris snipped-for-privacy@codesweep.com

Reply to
Gregory Harris

The interior is actually supposed to be gray and dark maroon. Check the specs.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I really doubt it was supposed to be maroon. I would defintly check with the dealer you bought it from to have them tell you exactly. Then get the boys from the car wash pay for a new dash if its not right

They could have put a corrosive on the dash btw

Hope this helps.

Charles

thecomputerguy

My black 2005 (grey interior) has the dark maroon trim. It is dark enough as to look black under low-light conditions, dark maroon with modest light.

Reply to
Bill

It took me a disgracefully long time to see any red in mine--and I rarely see it--which is okay with me!

Reply to
Jean B.

It really was supposed to be maroon, except that Toyota calls it "Burgundy." There was no black and gray interior; it was burgundy and gray.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

The interior choices for 2004-2005 US Prius was either tan, or dark grey/burgundy. (Burgundy is a type of red wine, so the color on the Prius dash is a dark red/maroon, although in certain lighting (particularly if you have a lot of dust on it like on mine!) it can look grey.)

Here's a rather new 2004 with the grey/burgundy interior. Most of my photos are in a bright light situation, so it's hard to tell the contrast, but this is about the best of them:

photos of the Oct. 2003 Worcester MA Prius gathering, with lotsof photos of this 1st 2004 Prius in New England, and the e-Plane, isat:
) BTW: if you're in the MA area, I'd be happy to show you my black BC

2004 Prius with the grey/burgundy interior for comparison!

BTW2: sunscreen will stain the color on the door panels, so be careful where you rest your arm when protected!

Reply to
mrv

Reply to
Gregory Harris