GP window trim problem

Hi, I own a '94 Grand Prix SE I bought in Sept. '04. I'm having a recurring problem with the window trim on the bottom in the interior on the driver's side curling in and downward when I roll the (power) window down. I've been applying WD-40 to the trim and wiping the inside of the window with it, which temporarily fixes the problem but it keeps coming back after a few months. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on a permanent fix short of having the trim replaced, maybe there's some other substance I can rub on the trim to keep it lubricated.

I did have a more serious problem with the entire driver's window "falling forward" when I rolled it down, but I took it to Mr. Goodwrench about 9 months ago and he fixed that. I'm not sure if that caused the window trim problem because I haven't owned the car all that long.

Reply to
Dennis M

Since they all don't do that and are not designed to do that, it sounds like something needs adjusting. Perhaps the pads need to be backed off or the rails need to be moved.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

WD-40 is not a lubricant, but a penetrant. Try using a light oil such as 3 in 1 oil or some other lubricating oil.

Reply to
LandB