Problem with Windows Fogging due to Oily Film

I have a '96 camry that overall runs great. My one problem is that there is an oily residue on the inside of all the windows. When it gets warm the film fogs up making it difficult to see. If I warm it up with the defroster the fogging goes away but the oily residue remains. When it is cold the film 'freezes'. I have tried windex, armorall window wipes and several different types of auto glass window cleaners. Every thing I have tried has failed to remove this film. I have never used a product on the inside of the window that would leave this film. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem? I'm looking for any advice. Thank you!

Reply to
Kelly Patrick

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Kelly Patrick being of bellicose mind posted:

First: Be certain you do not have antifreeze loss from the heater core.

Get a refillable spray bottle and some distilled vinegar. Mix about

5 tablespoons vinegar / water and fill the bottle.

Get a new 10" squeegie (janitorial quality). You might also get a 6" squeegie for the door windows.

Spray the windows and wipe vigorously with a clean damp terry towel or wash cloth.

Respray window and squeegie clean. Wipe ONLY the excess from areas the squeegie could not get.

Reply to
Philip®

It sounds like antifreeze, check your coolant level.

Reply to
m Ransley

Do you; or have you used anything such as Armorall or Eagle protectant on the interior of your car? I don't use any of that crap EVER after I had the same thing happen to my car about 10 years ago after a car wash and that crap was applied to the interior vinyl..good luck i never did get it all off.. it would bleed onto the glass everytime i'd try to clean the glass and keep coming back...very dangerous in the cold..rain or inclement weather as could not see out of fogging up windows.

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
Jack

Armorall is for TIRES. Keep it off passenger compartment surfaces. I do mean ALL such "protectants."

Reply to
Philip®

What about 303 Aerospace Protectant???

Reply to
Jack

Not even all the "not even....." you care to come up with. No exceptions.

Reply to
Philip®

Then what do you use for the interior???

Reply to
Jack

For the hard surfaces .... nothing oily and nothing solvent. Soap and water or foaming upholstery shampoo. Oh.... and do NOT shampoo the headliner! Headliners typically are felt with a thin layer of foam rubber over a former styrofoam shell. Shampooing will attack the foam rubber eventually resulting in a headliner drooping down like a poorly pitched tent.

Reply to
Philip®

I use amoral on the interior but i spray it on a rag. No problems.

Reply to
m Ransley

problems.

Not yet. Armorall and Turtlewax protectant DO leave a waxy white residue that promotes cracking in hot weather climates where the car sits out with the windows UP. Armorall belongs on tires only. Doesn't matter how the s#*t gets applied.

Reply to
Philip®

Im lucky i guess in the shade , but you say armoral PREmotes interior cracking, . But then Phil you have been around cars more than me.

Reply to
m Ransley

Gee what does it realy do to tires, if it cracks dashes it cracks ? But Dont old hot dashes crack in the sun----

Reply to
m Ransley

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3136.bay.webtv.net, m Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

The word is prOmotes. Do you like webtv?

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3136.bay.webtv.net, m Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

Rubber and plastic .... two different things. Centrifugal force and copious ventilation are not present inside the car.

Reply to
Philip®