Smart fortwo vs Prius ?

A better comparison is the Honda Insight . . . which is no longer for sale.
Bob Wilson
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:23:48 -0700 (PDT), roadriderob

Well, I'll say this--the Smart really brings meaning to the word "coupe" (which means "cut", as in "cut in half".
Kind of like comparing chickens and apples, ain't it?
Note the Smart is manual transmission only--I know many people who just do not like rowing through the gears. I used to enjoy it, but I'm now in my 70s, and if I could afford one, I'd have a Buick.
Add pictures here
✖

Especially since the Smart gets only 32mpg.
????? Crazy, but true.
Let's see....$17K, 32mpg, two people. OR: $22K, 45mpg, 4-5 people.
Which car would YOU rather have?
Add pictures here
✖
In article

* Greetings!
Take a look at Toyota's concept car (competitor to Smart) -- the IQ:
http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6529328/the-general-forum/tatas-smart-for -twos-future-demise/index.html
Use the TinyURL:   http://tinyurl.com/2ha2dj
earle *
Add pictures here
✖

In Europe we've been exposed to the Smart for a couple years, and while they are something of a fashion statement, they're just not great cars to do actual driving. They're slow, sluggish, loud, cramped, and a very short wheelbase with a rear engine isn't exactly straightforward to handle.
There's a bunch of cars available in the same fuel consumption range than Prius and Smart - check out e.g. the Toyota Aygo. Similar consumption, but half the price of a Smart, a third the price of a Prius. Classic no frills small car.
cu .\\arc
Add pictures here
✖

the prius gets 25% better mileage to my knowledge. i see a handful of smarts on the road now, cute for sure, but 40mpg is nothing to write home about - especially for such a small package.
bob
Add pictures here
✖

Smart: 32mpg. Prius: average driver, 45mpg.
That's over 40% better gas mileage.
In fact, the day a Prius sees 32mpg over a tankful is the day its owner takes it in and they find something seriously broken.
Add pictures here
✖

Site Timeline