What is the Smart Car?

this is the smart car

this is a safey video of the smart car on you tube

and this is a smart car beating a Ferrari

GoMavs

Yeah right. Ferrari's aren't made for the brainless engineering exhibition called drag racing. Strap a 'busa engine in anything the size of that Tupperware backpack of a car and it'll beat an F430 in an 1/8th mile. Let them both loose on Fiorano, and I'll put my annual salary on the Prancing Stallion. Pretty wild little bugger, though. How fun would it be to roll around getting pointed at in a Smart car, then dusting a 'Vette from light to light?

Reply to
qslim

That isn't your stock, off-the-lot Smart car so this video is totally irrelivant to anyone considering purchasing a Smart car for it's disigned-for purposes. Furthermore, from my research the standard Smart car requires premium fuel and gets about 40 mpg. My 2001 Civic EX Coupe, twice the size and with a larger engine, gets 40 mpg even after 238000 (yes, 238K highway commuter miles) and uses regular unleaded. And I think even todays basic Honda Civic costs LESS than the SMART. I think the SMART car is a joke, considering other more viable options...

Reply to
Chief_Billy

That isn't your stock, off-the-lot Smart car and so this video is totally irrellevant to anyone considering purchasing a Smart car for it's designed-for purposes. Furthermore, from my research the standard Smart car gets about 40 mpg. My 2001 Civic EX Coupe, twice the size/capacity and with a 2x larger engine, gets 40 mpg even after 238000 (yes, 238K highway commuter miles) using regular unleaded fuel.

I think the SMART car is a joke, considering other more viable options...

Can we see how that SMART would stand up to a 25 mph rear-end collision. I expect the passenger(s) would be laying on the hood of the colliding car.

Reply to
Chief_Billy