Suck it down hybrid haters

**You just made my point. The human ear is quite sensitive to various sonic artefacts. So much so, that to design a mobile sound system, which can reasonably accurately portray the sound of a particular automobile (engine), such that people could be fooled into thinking that they were listening to that engine, would be a massive undertaking. It would certainly NOT be possible to (say) duplicate the sound of a 5 Litre V8 engine in a sound system that can fit in a (say) Mazda MX5. At least not with the technology available today and for the forseeable future.
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

I've heard Harley's that sounded like Harley's through itty bitty el-cheap speaker in my TV.

Reply to
Was Istoben

But that utter horseshit (and certainly NOT what I said)! I said that a common sound system would be more than adequate to replicate the sound to the driver (and a seat-trembler could replicate the rest). X-Boxes have been doing it for years!

Reply to
Knobdoodle

THAT's my point!

Reply to