Subaru will show a hybrid!

fyi

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Also (inRussian):

Just pictures of the B5-TPH, Subaru's concept for the "hybrid turbo":

DK

Wow, I want one!

Al

Reply to
Al

I think the bigger news is the improved battery mentioned down the page and perhaps even bigger, the van that they expect to offer. Besides my Forester, I have had two Dodge Caravans and currently a Toyota Sienna van. Both offered with AWD but seldom found on the dealer's lots.

Reply to
Steve Bukosky

And now, following GM's selling off their share of Fuji Heavy and Toyota buying some of that share, comes this comment (my emphasis) from an article at

"Erich Merkle, a senior auto analyst with the consulting company IRN Inc., said the alliance will give Toyota access to Subaru's all-wheel-drive technology. Even more significantly, it will _give Fuji access to Toyota's hybrid technology_, Merkle said. Merkle said GM failed to leverage its partnership with Subaru. GM had plans to use Subaru's all-wheel-drive technology but never did, Merkle said. GM also should have taken advantage of Subaru's expertise in the growing crossover segment, he said.

GM will continue work with Fuji on one production vehicle, the Saab 9-2x, GM said. But other projects will end, including the joint development of a crossover vehicle, announced last year."

Reply to
Wayne Farmer