Updated maps for 2015 Prius Four? (2023 Update)

I am seeing conflicting information on line about update maps for the

2015 Prius Four's navigation system. E.g.,

(a) whether all one needs is the (micro?)SD card with the map, or whether one needs some activation code from the dealer, or whether even only the dealer can do the update;

(b) whether there even *is* an SD card containing the map, or whether the map is stored internally and is upgraded by attaching a thumb drive containing the map;

(c) if there *is* an SD card, whether it is hidden under a cover in the nav. system surround (I certainly don't see a removable cover there), or whether it's in the console under the armrest (I don't see one there either -- only a USB port and the (cigarette lighter)/power socket).

I cannot find this information in the manuals that came with the car -- nothing there about map updates at all.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

It is unclear from the information you provided what specific model of the 2015 Toyota Prius Four you have, as there are different navigation systems available depending on the package option. However, based on the information you have provided, I can provide you with the following information:

(a) The method of updating the maps on the navigation system of a 2015 Prius Four can vary depending on the specific model and navigation system. Some systems may only require an SD card with the updated maps, while others may require an activation code from the dealer. Some systems may only be able to be updated by the dealer, while others can be done by the owner. It is best to check your vehicle's owner manual or consult with the dealer for more information on how to update the maps on your specific navigation system.

(b) The storage of the maps on the navigation system of a 2015 Prius Four can also vary depending on the specific model and navigation system. Some systems may have the maps stored on an SD card, while others may have the maps stored internally and can be upgraded via a thumb drive with the updated maps.

(c) The location of the SD card on the navigation system of a 2015 Prius Four can vary depending on the specific model and navigation system. Some systems may have the SD card hidden under a cover in the navigation system surround, while others may have the SD card located in the console under the armrest or in other places.

It is recommended that you consult your vehicle's owner manual or contact the dealer to get the specific information of your 2015 Prius Four navigation system and how to update the maps.

Reply to
Motors Advisor