Stuck in "Park"

Drove our 2015 Prius Four into the car wash today, somehow got it into "Park" instead of "Neutral," and had a difficult time getting it out of
"Park."
Holding the shift lever to the left accomplished nothing, nor did powering off and on again. Couldn't get it into "D" or "R" either. I can't even tell you precisely what I did to get it out of "Park," unless it was leaving it powered off for longer than previously before powering it on again.
Is this a known problem?
Perce