reversing sensors - aftermarket

Hi,

I've just bought myself an 02 Primera 1.8 activ. Good car. It came with aftermarket reversing sensors - home fitted, but seemed quite well done. The module is marked/branded "Safespeed.co.uk". Anyway, they are going off far too much, with frequently a continuous tone as soon as I put in reverse

The previous owner seemed a bit sheepish when I asked, suggesting that they might be pointing at the ground, so point them up a bit. NOT REALLY SO.

Has anybody got any good advice on this or a similar unit ??

Googling didn't help much:

Thanks.

Reply to
Jack Russell

there may be a sensitivity adjuster on the control box, paint or dirt on the sensors can make them upset. sometimes they just fail, disconnect one at a time to see if there is an improvement.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Have you tried turning down the sensitivity?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

re adjust sensitivity.

I wondered if there might be a sensitivity adjustment. I looked and have not seen one. I'll look harder - maybe there's a hole to adjust a pre-set pot. IS THERE NORMALLY A SENSITIVITY ADJUSTMENT ?

I tried pulling the sensors one at a time and it kept beeping. I can't remeber if I tried pulling them all at the same time. I'll try again.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jack Russell

usually there is a tiny hole in the box covered with tape or a sticker.

Reply to
Mrcheerful