reversing sensors - aftermarket

Hi,
I've just bought myself an 02 Primera 1.8 activ. Good car. It came with aftermarket reversing sensors - home fitted, but seemed
quite well done. The module is marked/branded "Safespeed.co.uk". Anyway, they are going off far too much, with frequently a continuous tone as soon as I put in reverse
The previous owner seemed a bit sheepish when I asked, suggesting that they might be pointing at the ground, so point them up a bit. NOT REALLY SO.
Has anybody got any good advice on this or a similar unit ??
Googling didn't help much: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/8839-cisbo-parking-sensors.html
Thanks.
Jack Russell wrote:

there may be a sensitivity adjuster on the control box, paint or dirt on the sensors can make them upset. sometimes they just fail, disconnect one at a time to see if there is an improvement.

Have you tried turning down the sensitivity?
--
*When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

<snip> re adjust sensitivity.
I wondered if there might be a sensitivity adjustment. I looked and have not seen one. I'll look harder - maybe there's a hole to adjust a pre-set pot. IS THERE NORMALLY A SENSITIVITY ADJUSTMENT ?
I tried pulling the sensors one at a time and it kept beeping. I can't remeber if I tried pulling them all at the same time. I'll try again.
Thanks.
Jack Russell wrote:

usually there is a tiny hole in the box covered with tape or a sticker.