Rover 200 fault

I have a Rover 200 T Registration. 41000 miles Normally very reliable but recently it has an intermittent fault of loosing power when simply driving along. I had it serviced and mentioned the fault and the distributor cap and rotor arm were changed but the fault is still there. A friend mentioned that it is possible to diagnose faults on some Rovers using a diagnostic kit. Before I suggest this to Rover, does anyone know if the necessary "bits" ore on the Rover 200 for the checks to be made

Thank you

Reply to
JAB