Rover 75 CDT - SRS Warning Light

My SRS warning lamp has come on .... (for no apparent reason Are there any common causes for this that I could eliminate before I take a trip to the professionals

Regards & TIA

Reply to
Jim Lad

It could be a faulty air bag but:

I don't know about the R75 but this happened on my R2.5 hatchback after about 50,000 miles. If not seen to, the next thing that happens is the loss of remote radio controls and lastly the horn will not function. The problem is the rotary switch in the steering wheel and took, in my case

3 months to replace, due to difficulty in getting the switch, and cost £215.00.

Not a DIY job.

There was a thread on this subject about 12 months ago.

Reply to
Frank M. Taylor

does it flash or just stays on all the time?

Reply to
scotty

Jim,

A common cause of this is a faulty connection under the seat. Go to my web site at

and go down the FAQ's -> Electrical Page, at the bottom you'll find the Rover Technical Bulletin about this problem.

Andy J.

Reply to
Andy J.

It extinguishes momentarily after self test process (4 secs) and then stays on permanently

The fault occurred after I had vacuumed the interior ... and after following the link in Andy J's reply - I suspect that I may have dislodged a connection under one of the front seats. at least that is what I am hoping.

Seems a shame that if that is the case I will have to have the fault code erased by someone with a tesbook

Reply to
Jim Lad

Thanks Andy - I think you may have put me on the right track ... Immediately prior to the fault occurring I had vacuumed the interior ... perhaps I have dislodged a connection under one of the front seats ... at least that is what I am hoping

Regards Jim

Reply to
Jim Lad