Rover 216 VP

I have just bought the above mentioned car it is a C reg could anyone tell me where I may find a handbook for this modal . Monty .

Reply to
Monty

| I have just bought the above mentioned car it is a C reg could anyone | tell me where I may find a handbook for this modal . | Monty .

Ah, the famous Monty!

Try here:

Steve (aka Twinkletoes)

Reply to
Twinkletoes

Sorry Steve I should have said that I knew about the Haynes one I am after the one that was issued with the cars by Rover when new . I have just given our local dealers in Preston a ring and the guy offered to give me a tour round the car I am only interested in knowing what all the various knobs and switches do has I will not touch anything unless I know what its for and what it does . I am certainly not at all interested in what is under the bonnet or under the floor of the car and why paying out 16.00 for a Haynes manual would be a waste of money in my case . Monty .

Reply to
Monty

It's your lucky day Monty, is this what you're after?

Steve :)

Reply to
Twinkletoes

Bloodyhell Steve thanks a million . Monty .

Reply to
Monty

If you keep up to date on zen.support and uk.telecom.broadband, you'll probably have noticed I have an uncanny kanck of finding things out! Man that Buckley guy is a nitwit, I've taken our argument off-list now so we'll sort things out privately. Hope to see you on here more often, we're all very helpful.

Steve ;)

Reply to
Twinkletoes

We've emailed a couple of times now and I think the flame wars will stop.

| > Hope to see you on here more often,we're all very helpful. | Well thee is two of us here now with Rovers my mate bought himself | an H reg 414 SLI on Thursday its got a lot of milage on the clock | 117000 but like the 216 its in excellent condition and drives well | any idea what the SLI stands for ? .

Great. I've always had Rovers, 1st a Maestro 2.0i, 2nd a Montego 2.0i,

3rd a 420 Turbo, 4th a 416, 5th another 420 Turbo, which you can see now at:
What's your mates username on this group, or doesn't he post? There are some good mailing lists for Rovers, I suppose with a 216/416 you should probably join
The K-series is a fairly hardy engine, if it's done 114,000 check the service history for last cam belt change (every 60,000) I think. If you havn't go history, get it changed anyway. You may also want to investigate signs of headgasket problems, things like oil in the water expansion tank, or salad cream in the oil, or smoke from exhaust, as most Rover engines have a tendency for head gasket failure. These groups and Rovertorque can give you more info.

Your mate's engine is a Rover K-series, you're engine I think would be a Rover S-series. Neither are Honda engines, something you might get asked. Again, I stand corrected if someone thinks otherwise about the S-series. Both engine's are pretty good, frugal and powerful if a little noisy.

Catch you around! Steve :)

Reply to
Twinkletoes