rover gear box for sale

I have a K series gear box that is suitable for a 1.6 200 / 25 or 400 / 45 it is new sold as seen £150 ono

Reply to
Graham Johnson

The electric sunroof on my S reg 620i has stopped working. It goes up & down but will not slide backwards to open.

The electrics seem OK - it starts to retract but then stops. I've tried freeing it manually via the hole above the passenger seats but it won't budge.

Seems like an expensive business to me. Any suggestions?

Fortunately I can close it!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Wilkins

The electric sunroof on my S reg 620i has stopped working. It goes up & down but will not slide backwards to open.

The electrics seem OK - it starts to retract but then stops. I've tried freeing it manually via the hole above the passenger seats but it won't budge.

Seems like an expensive business to me. Any suggestions?

Fortunately I can close it!

Bob

Apologise for accidentally posting this under another thread!

Reply to
Bob Wilkins

I've heard of this fault before. There is apparently some sort of continuous wire loop in the hatch opening that wears out. Apparently it is a real pig to fix and Rover will charge you a small fortune.

Sorry.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

In message , Bob Wilkins writes

It sounds as if the control cables have given up the ghost, I have changed a few and they are a bit fiddly (labour intensive) hence a high dealer cost to repair. I suggest you try and obtain a complete sunroof unit from a breaker's and fit it yourself. It requires removal of the headlining but it is pretty simple when you look at it carefully. Hope this helps!

Al

Reply to
Al