Washer woes.

Gents.

One to check for on your car when you get five minutes. Somebody mentioned something about this a few weeks back and I've just fixed the same fault.

You may find your rear washer performance to be degraded or not working at all. Where the washer line passes through the hinge flexi it has a habit of cracking and parting. The blue coloured hose line goes hard (this on a two year old car, cheapo parts?) and splits in a complete circle before finally parting. The washer fluid now squirts down the C frame and out onto the road. A dead give away is to park on your driver on a dry day and run the rear washer for a minute. If you are using a coloured fluid, this makes life easier. Washer fluid will drop to the road just in front of the rear passenger side wheel on a R25 and I suspect that all of the cars have the washer line threaded in this way.

In the end I obtained two plastic inline connectors from a pet shop plus a short length of clear plastic air line (which stays flexible down to -10, the Rover stuff was solid at +10 on a sunny day) and extended the washer line, the new clear piece passing though the hinge area.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

That was me, glad to be of some help!

Keith

Reply to
Cotku

Park on your driver?! Surely that's a bit harsh on the old fellow! ;-)

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Oh, the joys of high speed touch typing!!!! :o)

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

Michael Cotton napisal nam:

lol ;)

BTW I had this washer problem (R200)!! And my solution was nearly like Pauls.

Damn rover... my biggest pain is "noisy" dashboard (rattle etc) I hate that sound :( But no solution yet... and I do not think it is possible to make this dashboard silent...

Reply to
krzys-iek

Do what I do, keep it below or above 2500 rpm.

I hate that buzzing noise too!

Keith

Reply to
Cotku