1985 900s takes a licking keeps on ticking.

I was rear ended today going to work in my saab. I stopped at a stop sign and proceeded onto main street today. car behind me didn't stop and proceeded faster then me. pow! what the heck was that? dang somebody just ran into me. it wasn't much but all i could think of was a 1985 saab would be very hard to replace any bent parts. we pullled over and i was shocked to see (or should i say not see) no damage on my vehicle. I am telling you none. other cars bumper had a black mark where my bumper met hers.

all is well. me and my saab live to ride another day. and might i add i think we ride in style.

rod

Reply to
Rod

I know.. The bumpers on old Saabs are very sturdy and the concertina sections protects the car from damage. An aggressive white van driver drove into the rear of my Saab 9000 CSE when I had to brake hard'ish for a non-functioning traffic light. No damage to my Saab, but the front bumper of the VW van splintered.

Reply to
johannes

Check the exhaust for any nasty bending on the down pipe.

C.

Reply to
Charles C.

Classic SAAB 900's are built like tanks.

Charles

Rod wrote:

Reply to
Charles

my down pipe is missing. that piece rusted off and i have not replaced it yet.

Reply to
Rod

Then it will not be damaged by the impact :-D

Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

I am a pro at procrastination. rod

Reply to
Rod

Glad to hear your '85 survived without a scratch!

I have one too, the top pix in the link below, and it's the most stylish ride on the road (except for other C900s of course...:))

-jw

--

jw

looks like my twin. except mine is non-turbo.

rod

Reply to
Rod

Seems to be a popular paint color on the 1985s. Mine has 265K miles on it and it runs perfectly. I plan to take it to 300K!

Best of luck with yours.

-jw

Reply to
jw