1989 900 Turbo Automatic Seat Belt Problem

Hello All,
Let me try to describe my problem. My 89 Saab seatbelt is jammed; that is, the automatic sliding "male" part on the door won't budge. After several
beers and some a few curse words, I tore the thing off. It appears I left behind a small piece that seems impossible to remove. The seat belt light on the dash is constantly flashing while the car is on. My question is A) will I wake up to a dead battery tommorow, and B) what can I do about the flashing on the dash? I checked the fuses and none seem to control the seatbelts. I usually only use the lap belt so this isn't a big deal but I don't want the battery to drain. Please help. My wife needs to get to work tommorow!
Thanks,
Joel Madison, WI
probably dead battery. common problem.
http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/faq/seatbelts /
cheers,
keithg
Red Raschke wrote:

Thanks Keith! Problem has been fixed, I think. I was able to easily find the connection to the motor and unplug it. Hopefully this is all that was necessary. I'll know soon enough.

is,
several
left
light
A)
the
work
Red,
I'd give serious thought to a conversion. A lap belt can cause internal injuries in the case of an accident. These are pretty darned safe cars and the lap belt was foisted on Saab in 88-89 until they could get an airbag to meet US DOT SRS requirements. A 3 point belt can save your life and that of your passenger. Please consider it.
Regards,
KeithG
Red Raschke wrote:

Absolutely, use the 3-point belts, but if you are able to have the latch for the automatic belts in the right position, you can use it for years (experience talking here) by just using it manually that way. A conversion, for me, was a lot more trouble than it was worth, compared to just latching at the top of the shoulder belts after I did the lapbelt. Lapbelts only are better than nothing, but not by a lot.
Dave Hinz
Thanks fellas. Just needed a temporary solution for the next 2 days. Where would I go about getting the spare belt for a conversion? Any suggetstions?
wrote:

conversion,
latching

Find one in a junkyard; you'll need the headliner shell and the pillar trim at a minimum, maybe seats too if you want to do the full conversion. Seemed like lots of work to me, so I didn't do it.
Good luck, Dave