1992 900S Convertible Keyless entry

this vehicle is new to me. the previous owner did not use the keyless entry/anti-theft. i replaced the battery in my keyfob, but the car is not responding. i looked under the seat for the fuses for the alarm system, but didn't see anything beyond the usual fuses and the hydraulics for the top. can anyone give me an idea of what i am looking for? or where else it may be?

thanks!

charlieontheradio

in article snipped-for-privacy@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on

03/07/2007 19:58:

I'm not certain that this is a standard SAAB thing, but if it is hopefully someone who knows about it will show up. I would contact the company whose alarm immobiliser it is - you might be able to pay a little at a local installer to have the warranty on the system renewed. That way, they'll overhaul the system and deem it fit for purpose and probably give you a new service booklet - a lot of systems need to be checked each year to continue to qualify for the Thatcham specification.

Anyone else add anything?

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

My daughter's 2000 9-2 remote wouldn't work after a battery change; it had to be reprogrammed with a Tech II. I assume the frequency got changed. The handbook does warn about this if you touch the circuit board inside, when doing the battery.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

The burglar alarm brain box is under the back seat with the power amplifier for the back speakers. You may need to lift the carpet up a bit to see clearly. You may need to clean off the little carbon filled rubber button dammits inside the keyfob. Had that one happen to me twice now. Is the anti-theft switch turned off? The book calls it a service switch and it is supposed to be under the passenger seat, likely location for North American cars. Do the interior lights work properly? The keyless lock system works with the interior light switches on the door, trunk (boot), and hood (bonnet). If the relay,151, that controls that stuff doesn't work properly the keyless lock system will act stupid. With luck some prior owner didn't disable the whole system.

dave

Reply to
dave