1994- 9000 AERO: Head Gasket replacement

I have a 1994 Saab AERO 9000. Needs head gasket replacement. Please tell me some of the do's and don'ts from your experience of doing this. I looked on the web and cannot find any useful information to do this job. If you know a good 'link' please post. I am still looking for a manual to do this. Where can I buy a decent manual? You may reply to voolivoolipapa snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com after removing "_nospam".

Reply to
FEDUP

Aero engine is identical to the other 900 and 9000 2.3L - 4 Cylinder engines, so just follow those instructions.

Only manual I am aware of for 9000 is the Haynes, and it is not cheap. You should be able to get one here:

or here:

Some online instructions can be found here for free:

though the web site seems fetched up at themoment...

There is also some data that can be attained via subscription at

or the CD version of the same information can be bought at Auto Zone parts stores in the US.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

I have the ALLDATA directions, with illustrations for a 1997 CSE-T Auto which should be identicle and are pretty specific with torque spec and all. Give me your email address and I can send them to you.

Reply to
dagmando

http://68.18.137.172/engine-folder/headgasket90016v.htm

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

also has a lot on the 9000. I do not know if he has anything on the head gasket, though. Townsend's info is good. The site goes down from time to time, though.

Keith

FEDUP wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

http://68.18.137.172/engine-folder/headgasket90016v.htm DOES NOT OPEN?

removing

Reply to
FEDUP

it is a site on a dynamic IP. Try

and enter...

KeithG

FEDUP wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

It still may not work as Tom seems to have trouble keeping his web server online all the time, which is a shame because it is probably the very best technical resource on the web for SAABs...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.