2003 9-3 "Trip Computer Cleared" message won't go away.

This has happened before, but it has also gone away after some time, too. A week ago, I held down the "Clear" button until the Trip Computer cleared, which is supposed to flash the words "Trip Computer Cleared" on the screen, but the words stay there, super-imposed on the radio station information.

Does anybody have any tips or tricks that I could use to get this message to go away?

Thanks,

Ivan Nue

Reply to
inue

Ivan, I am a Saab dealer tech. I have a customer that has the same problem. So far I have not been able to permenantly solve the problem. I am currently working with GM tech assistance to get this one fixed. I have replaced several components at their direction without success. We are still working on a fix for this car.

Meanwhile, you can get the system to clear at least for a while. With the key off and out of the ISM, pull fuse #14 from fuse panel on the left side of the dash. Wait one minute and reinstall the fuse. Should be OK now. Fues #14 is Battery power (+30) to the ICM.

Good luck, Steve Crowe

Reply to
Scrowe

Thank you very much.