2004 9-5 "Clunk"

My wife's car has only 15000 miles on it and has developed a clunking sound when cruising at about 35mph, then letting off gas and then accelerating again. The clunk can be heard and also felt in the steering wheel.

Took car to dealer and they had to call Saab tech support who recommended replacing torque rod. This did nothing. Problem still exists.

Anyone have any suggestions on what this could be?

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve

"Steve" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Any of the other engine or transmission mounts.

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

I got a clunking sound and feeling when the engine mounts went out on a

1992 Mercury Sable; a bad pothole probably contributed to the problem in my case.
Reply to
Brent Riggs

If I remember correctly, I was getting a clunk from the back end of my 9-5 (1999) and it was some sort of adjustement on one of the back wheels / suspension. Sorry, can't be more specific. I think I had to take if back once or twice for them to get it. If I get a chance, I'll check my records.

Reply to
ort11