2004 Saab 9-5: Clearing "Time For Service" reminder

Anyone know how to clear the "Time For Service" reminder on the SID? All the owner's manual states is have the dealer do it. The dealer told me it has to be hooked up to a computer, that it's a complicated process, takes about 15 minutes and every car will be different for when it pops up again, depending on individual driving habits.

Thanks for any input George

Reply to
George Ayer

While displaying the message, hold down the reset (clear) button for a long time. It will beep and clear.

Reply to
Fred W

Thanks Fred, I'll try that. I knew about that trick for resetting fuel consumption, average speed, etc. but didn't realize it worked for the service reminder.

George A

Reply to
George Ayer