Selling my SAAB 9-5 Wagon

Hello all:

I have ordered a new car which will be coming in at the end of June. As a result I'm going to be putting my SAAB up for sale to sell in that time frame and thought I'd start planting the seeds now. Forgive this commercial announcement.

It's a year 2000 9-5 V6 SE Wagon (green) with 69K miles on it. I am the original owner. I've had all the recommended services done at the dealer and have all the receipts to document it. Likewise with the oil changes; every

3,000 miles (give or take 500 miles) and I have the receipts for all of those as well. At the 60K service it got a new timing belt and water pump. The car has always been garaged and gets waxed twice a year.

It's been very reliable except last July when the DI cassette died and just recently when the crankshaft position sensor failed. Both were replaced by SAAB dealers. The SID display is losing pixels but, since it's expensive to replace, I've chosen to live with it.

I'm in the San Jose, California area and am looking for about $13K. Photos are available. Please email me if you or someone you know in my area might be interested.

One lingering question that maybe some of you could help me with: Since my engine is a V6 I understand that it has two DI cassettes -one for each bank of cylinders. Looking at the service record it appears that only one DI cassette was replaced. Is that common? If so the new owner might want to be made aware of that.

Thanks.

- Rob Malkin

Reply to
Rob Malkin

There would be no need to replace a perfectly serviceable DI cassette. No worries on that account but it's nice to know you want to be honest with a purchaser.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear