9-5 2000 aero for sale 62000k

Car has salvage title. It was hit on the rear passenger side. engine is perfect condition as well the body and interior. Book value is $18000 on KBB. I am asking $11,800 for it. A must see. Raleigh/Durham area.

Reply to
seuh

I might be interested in the engine if you have to part it out.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

LOL have you been reading the news lately I want to geta spare for my 2001 aero also :-)

Reply to
"AERO"

What news is that?

Reply to
Gary Fritz

There are news out of Sweden ( Swedish news paper Expressen) that the B235 engime has some design problem Saab has a high rate of failing engines like 35 out 1000 compared to about an average of 6 to 10 for other brands A manufacturing problem in thousands of cars that can lead to catastrophic engine failures.

They know of the problem but they dont have a fix yet they even talking about compensation for people with problems right now.

Stay tuned

Reply to
"AERO"

What cars have the B235 engine. I am looking for a newer Saab. Thanks, Oscar

Reply to
Oscar Johnson

Reply to
Radovan Biciste

So, does this mean I should stop yanking the engine out of my 9-5, which has had this problem? Anyone have any insight into if the repair needs to be made by Saab, or if they just cut people a check given (what?) evidence of failure, or ???

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I'd certainly be discussing this bit of insider news with the local SAAB dealer's service advisor.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound