9000 Boost Problems, rush of air from nearside (uk car)

My 9000 CSE 2.3 Full Pressure Turbo is giving me grief. ( a-bloody-gain!)

When I hit the accelerator there is a rush of air from somewhere on the nearside of the engine bay. It only does this under load, I cant reproduce with the car standing.

Needless to say the acceleration is down, although not dreadful.

Can someone give me a clue as to what might be happening.

My mechanical knowledge is somewhat limited, I guess the boosted air from the turbo is being lost to a greater or lesser extent before it gets to the engine. Boost guage doesn't seem to be going as high as it did, but may be wrong.

Your help as always is much appreciated.

Al

Reply to
Al

Yes, air is leaking out of your air plumbing.

Bingo!

Makes perfect sense.

Reply to
Grunff

Grunff cheers, super quick response! It's nice to know I'm on the right track, all I need to do is figure out where it's coming from....

Hope this doesn't cost too much, as the good lady was none too impressed when I needed two new tyres last week! She regards my latest SAAB as a big boys toy ;-)

Regards

Al

a-bloody-gain!)

Reply to
Al

Unlikely to be expensive - most likely a popped off hose. As for your woman, she needs a good talking to.

Reply to
Grunff

Remove and inspect all the rubber connectors on the intake plumbing. Check all vacuum lines. Verify operation and sealing of the hooter valve.

KeithG

Al wrote:

Reply to
KeithG