9000 Loom uprate - ideas and comments?

Salutations:

I think I am about to start pulling my loom and relays to check them over for fit, finish , conductivity and function. Anyone have a really good source for a complete schematic for a 1993 9000 Aero?

I would very much like to do this once if possible. While there, I would like to install better connectors and heavier wire where appropriate. Any leads on a good general source for both?

Finally - there are several loom end point connectors that are specific to a given electrical device. ie the Safety Valve. Any thoughts on casting better (more robust and perhaps water proof) connectors in these cases? Is it time to break out my old Lionel epoxy modeling kit?

Cheers - I'll kick this over to saabnet as well to see if it picks up traffic too

Reply to
Dexter J

Many of the connectors are specific to the item they connect to. The Bosch air mass sensor comes to mind for some reason.

If you do want to replace connectors where you can - bear in mind that auto connectors are designed for an aggressive enveronment. Only military / aerospace types are likely to outperform them.

Graahm

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I have a supply of commercial Marine gear handy being I live on the Port of Halifax. I wonder if the answer is to look at somehow gel sealing base connections themselves as I clean them. Not the heavy multi-pin stuff of course, I'm pretty sure they will be happy with a heavy contact clean and a light silicon oil - but some of the single and double pin stuff attached to the sensors might benefit...

Like I said - I *really* only want to do this once if possible.

Hummm..

Reply to
Dexter J

MIL connectors work by sealing out the shit. That's why they're pricey.

Many auto connectors do a good job too.

Guess you'll have to make your own decision, bearing in mind you can't replace unit specific connections that ate pretty 'hardened' anyway.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear