93 9000CSET how much $ to replace CV boot

I need the drivers side (US) CV boot replaced on my 93 9000CSET. My regular mechanic charges $90. but he's away. Other shops want $200+! Can someone recommend a shop in NYC? Queens or Brooklyn would be most convenient. TNX

Reply to
solarsell

Wait till your guy comes back. $90 is a real bargain. A torn CV boot won't get any worse in a week or two.

Reply to
yaofeng

Thanks for the reply. Will a ton of electrical tape help in the meantime?

Reply to
solarsell

Depending on how bad it is. It may have spewed grease all over the surrounding areas. In any case the tape will not stick but it is worth a try.

Reply to
yaofeng

Well, the only problem with that advice is if the OP is still driving it. If the grease washes out and / or grit gets into the CV joint you'll be spending even more money.

So modify that advice to: "Wait till your guy comes back if you don't need to drive the car".

Reply to
Fred W