96 NG 900se V6 "chattering" loudly .....help!

Hi,

I just had my timing belt changed in my NG V6, and now when the car is at an idle there is a very loud chattering noise. Turning the steering wheel a bit makes the sound disappear for a few moments, then it comes back. The sepentine belt also squeals for a few minutes when i start the car.

I dont quite understand the relationship between the steering wheel and the noise, but they definitely seem tied together.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
brent.loshoncy

The serpentine belt wasn't properly tensioned. I hope they did better with the timing belt.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear