Aero 2000 Engine

I believe that this is described as the HOT TURBO. Is this correct. Can anyone give me any information on it or tell me where to start looking?

What is its rated max HP? At what RPM? What is max torque? What RPM? What change in performance is the result of using intermediate grade fuel as opposed to 97. Power and consumption both.

What can I expect to get in the way of fuel usage ? The engine appears to be in great shape but does have 100k miles on it.

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm William Mason

Actually, that is redundant. HOT = High Output Turbo

then type in "SAAB 9000 aero"

225 auto, 250 standard (round numbers)

phew... you want to know a lot. See the link reference above.

Reply to
Fred W.

No 9000 Aero was manufactured in year 2000. An "Aero 2000 Engine" must be in either a 9-5 Aero (2.3l, Trionic 7, 230hp) or a 9-3 Aero (2.0l, Trionic 5, 205hp).

Reply to
Goran Larsson

I take it 2000 is the year, but which car is it? The 9-3 Aero has a different engine to the 9-5 Aero.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The 9-5 Aero (manual) had 230 bhp + 20 bhp overboost for 20 sec?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

No. The 2000 9-5 Aero has (from Saab specifications) 230hp and

350Nm (manual) 330Nm (automatic). The manual version has overboost that gives 230hp and 370Nm for 20s. The power stays at 230hp.
Reply to
Goran Larsson

Ooops. I could have sworn the mesage header said "Aero 9000 Engine"...

In the words of the late Gilda Radner, "nevermind..."

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.