Attn. Mike P

Why you flogging the 900 mate?

Thought you had just gotten things sorted woith it.

Looks very like mine, except yours has slope nose, and black dash.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Where?

Reply to
Grunff

It's on Ebay.

MeatballTurbo

I had a "too much sun and beer idea" yesterday involving importing a gorgeous 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from Brazil to UK. I was well pissed, but looking into it now I'm sober it's not a good (or remotely cheap seeing as the charger is nearly £12K) idea :-) So I've cancelled the auction for the 900 and it will stay

It's got a rattly tappet - I whipped the rocker cover off and did the push test and there's a couple of slack tappets. Not too sure how to fix it yet, but I'll work it out when I get home. Other than that, I love the car, it's fantastic fun and I can fit the toddler and the baby on the way in it! Planning a trip to Bruntingthorpe to see Mr Faulks run the F900, and he can tweak my APC further once I've got the injectors and 3 bar FPR on it.

There's only the rust on the wheelarch, and the bottom of the drivers door to sort out.

I actually prefer the older nose as it's more "Saab" IYSWIM

Mike P (with a raging hangover, sat outside in 34C)

Reply to
Mike P in Brazil

Either they're not getting oil (because of obstruction/misalignment in the oil pipe) or more likely they're dead (they have little non return valves which fail). Either way, it's an easy fix.

Reply to
Grunff

How easy? You couldn't outline the basic procedure for me could you? It'd be a great help!

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike P in Brazil

Take off the cam cover, pull out the oil rails. Are they nice and clear? Do the holes in the oil rails line up with the little plastic pieces?

If the oil rails look good, then it's probably time to replace the faulty tappets. This is a bit too long to describe here, but basically: #Undo chain tensioner #Undo cam sprockets #Undo cam bearings #Remove cams #Replace tappets #Refit everything

Reply to
Grunff

I can indeed and I'd be happy to.

On that point I've got a TE-05 Turbo, Door and various other spares available now. Drop me a mail to discuss

My new AWD 400bhp 900 will be a 'flat nose'. Yum ;-)

You lucky, lucky, lucky........ ;-)

Reply to
**-**