Audio Upgrade for 900 S : is there a power connector for an amp ?

Hi,

I recently bought an amplifier, and thought it would be a snap to put it in, since the amplifier is original SAAB and I have the original tricky 8-pin DIN cable required to connect it. It does fit perfectly into the spot it is designed for.

However, I opened up the covers to the center console and could not find at all any power line I could use for it. I found a spare connector, but it would not fit. I think it's for connecting a cell phone.

Is anyone familiar with wiring of 900 S from 1994 (900NG)? Could you tell me if the power connector for amp is really missing or is it hidden somewhere else?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Nick Monyatovsky

This is just "off the top of my head", but is the power integrated into the DIN cable ? I know that they do that with the CD player connector.

There's a web site out there with stereo mods/diagrams for the NG900. It's been posted here before but I don't have it. Perhaps a google search on this group might find it for you.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob